DEVELOPING A BUSINESS PLAN
• Know the purpose and importance of business plans.
• Understand the different elements of the plan.
• Know what information to gather and collate to compile the business plan.
• Know what format and lay out to use.
• Understand the process of communicating with role-layer to finance the business.
FINANCING A NEW BUSINESS
• Determine the capital requirements of the new venture.
• Identify and compare all short term and long term funding options for new ventures.
• Compile income and expenditure and assets and liabilities statements.
• Identify the requirements and processes to access the selected financing option for the new venture.
MANAGE THE FINANCES OF A BUSINESS
• Explain financial aspects involved in running new venture.
• Apply cash flow management in the running of a new venture.
• Apply an accounting system to manage a new venture.
• Analyse an income and expenditure statement.
• Analyse a balance sheet.
• Make a financial decision based on financial statements.