Health and Safety Courses
APPLY HEALTH AND SAFETY TO A WORK AREA
- Identify potential hazards in the work area.
- Limit damage to persons or property in the case of an emergency.
- Follow procedures that apply to illness or injury in the work area.
HANDLE TRANSPORT STORE AND UTILISE HAZARDOUS MATERIALS
- Identify and describe hazardous materials used in the construction industry.
- Identify suitable transport for hazardous materials and related legislation.
- Identify storage facilities of hazardous materials.
- Describe the proper application procedures for the various hazardous materials used.
- Identify training requirements for unskilled workers working with hazardous materials.
IMPLEMENT ROAD SIDE SAFETY
- Identify and procure the required road traffic signs.
- Identify staff to implement road side safety.
Prepare site for traffic control.
- Control traffic.
RENDER BASIC FIRST AID
- Intervene in a first aid scenario.
- Treat bleeding wounds.
- Treat an injured person for shock.
- Immobilise a fracture.
- Intervene in minor medical emergencies.
WORK IN CONFINED SPACES
- Identify the hazards of working in confined spaces.
- Identify appropriate protective clothing or equipment.
- Identify training requirements for unskilled workers working in confined spaces & train the workers.
- Plan and Implement emergency procedures.