Health and Safety Courses
APPLY HEALTH AND SAFETY TO A WORK AREA
• Identify potential hazards in the work area.
• Limit damage to persons or property in the case of an emergency.
• Follow procedures that apply to illness or injury in the work area.
HANDLE TRANSPORT STORE AND UTILISE HAZARDOUS MATERIALS
• Identify and describe hazardous materials used in the construction industry.
• Identify suitable transport for hazardous materials and related legislation.
• Identify storage facilities of hazardous materials.
• Describe the proper application procedures for the various hazardous materials used.
• Identify training requirements for unskilled workers working with hazardous materials.
IMPLEMENT ROAD SIDE SAFETY
• Identify and procure the required road traffic signs.
• Identify staff to implement road side safety.
• Prepare site for traffic control.
• Control traffic.
RENDER BASIC FIRST AID
• Intervene in a first aid scenario.
• Treat bleeding wounds.
• Treat an injured person for shock.
• Immobilise a fracture.
• Intervene in minor medical emergencies.
WORK IN CONFINED SPACES
• Identify the hazards of working in confined spaces.
• Identify appropriate protective clothing or equipment.
• Identify training requirements for unskilled workers working in confined spaces & train the workers.
• Plan and Implement emergency procedures.