Health and Safety Courses
APPLY HEALTH & SAFETY TO A WORK AREA
• Identify potential hazards in the work area.
• Limit damage to persons or property in the case of an emergency.
• Follow procedures that apply to illness or injury in the work area.
HANDLE TRANSPORT STORE & UTILISE HAZARDOUS MATERIALS
• Identify and describe hazardous materials used in the construction industry.
• Identify suitable transport for hazardous materials and related legislation
• Identify storage facilities of hazardous materials
• Describe the proper application procedures for the various hazardous materials used
• Identify training requirements for unskilled workers working with hazardous materials
IMPLEMENT ROAD SIDE SAFETY
• Identify and procure the required road traffic signs.
• Identify staff to implement road side safety.
• Prepare site for traffic control.
• Control traffic.
RENDER BASIC FIRST AID
• Intervene in a first aid scenario
• Treat bleeding wounds
• Treat an injured person for shock
• Immobilise a fracture
• Intervene in minor medical emergencies
WORK IN CONFINED SPACES
• Identify the hazards of working in confined spaces.
• Identify appropriate protective clothing or equipment.
• Identify training requirements for unskilled workers working in confined spaces & train the workers.
• Plan and Implement emergency procedures.